Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale*

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 28 Feb 2016 10:14 #1

• beckman2713
  • beckman2713's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
2013 Bayliner Element -16’ 2” inches and a beam of 7’ 5” inches with a 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot
4-Stroke 4 cyl. outboard. I purchased an extra prop, so it comes with a 3 and a 4 Blade Aluminum Mercury Prop.

Sports Package (Wakeboard/Ski Tower, Wakeboard Racks, Hull Graphics, Bow Filler Cushion and 25 Qt. removable Cooler),

Depth Gauge, Bimini Top, Mooring/Trailering Cover

Galvanized single axle Trailer w/ swing away tongue.

The boat is rated for 6 people and it can pull a tube, wakeboarder or skier and get up to approx. 30 mph. It has lots of storage under every seat and on the port side it has a 12 gallon plastic removable gas tank. The only time I take the tank out is for winter storage and empty it out.

The boys and I added these accessories after the purchase in July 2013:

1. Float for the Bilge Pump with separate Auto/Manual switch at the Helm
2. RPM Gauge
3. Fire Extinguisher
4. LED Stop/Turn Lights on the Trailer
5. Smart Tabs (most effective automatic trim tab system provides better all around performance)
6. Spare Tire with Mount
7. 4 Blade Spitfire Prop

The engine has approx. 50 hrs and it runs so smooth you can hardly tell its running..gotta love the 4-Strokes… All Mercury fluids changed at the end of every season. Fuel always treated with STA-BIL Marine Additive. The engine and fittings are greased several times during the summer. I installed new spark plugs and fuel filter at the end of last season.

The boat has never been in saltwater, always trailered and never been moored more than a week. Its been waxed inside and out more times than its been in the water. We always get complements at the boat ramps.

Its a very stable and seaworthy boat, great for small families, first time boaters or teaching the grand kids how to operate a boat. Its a wonderful open concept boat, so you can carry on conversations with everyone throughout the boat.

It has two swim platforms on both sides of the outboard and on the starboard side it has a 3 step retractable stainless boarding ladder.

I can send more pictures or answer any questions if your interested.

Its winterized and in storage now, but if your seriously interested I can get it out early....Think Spring!

We can negotiate equipment (anchor, life jackets, lines, etc..) and delivery, if needed.

NADA lists the boat and trailer @ $13,590, but we are asking $11,925

Thanks for Looking!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 28 Feb 2016 17:28 #2

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
  • Thank you received: 92
I own an Element. However, I would like to add the float switch in the bilge.
Would it be possible to post or email me a picture of the installed switch and a brief description on how you installed it. I just want to make sure I get the wiring straight and don't drill through the hull to install it.

Thanks in advance and hope you find a buyer soon. It's a great boat. Just love mine.

Oakplank
The following user(s) said Thank You: beckman2713

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
12 foot aluminum fishing boat

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 28 Feb 2016 21:08 #3

• itsabowtime2
  • Thank you received: 355
Good luck with the sale.

Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
1998 3055 Ciera
(yes, a 1998)
Previous boat: 1993 3055
Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
Sea Doo XP
Sea Doo GTI SE
Life is short. Boats are cool.
The family that plays together stays together.
Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 01 Mar 2016 10:40 #4

• beckman2713
i know I posted pics when I did it in 2013, but i can't find them here or on my computer. When I take it out of storage i can take some pics..very easy install

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 01 Mar 2016 17:32 #5

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner

beckman2713 wrote: i know I posted pics when I did it in 2013, but i can't find them here or on my computer. When I take it out of storage i can take some pics..very easy install

Thanks. I will look forward to seeing your installation picture(s) and instructions. Mine is also in storage and I plan to install the bilge float in April, before I launch early May. Did you just pop out the two way swith, at the helm, and pop in a three way switch in the same hole? The three way switch (with light) that I bought looks like it would fit the same hole.

Take care, on and off water
Oakplank

Last Edit: by oakplank. Reason: Spelling

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 01 Mar 2016 18:11 #6

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

oakplank wrote:

beckman2713 wrote: i know I posted pics when I did it in 2013, but i can't find them here or on my computer. When I take it out of storage i can take some pics..very easy install

Thanks. I will look forward to seeing your installation picture(s) and instructions. Mine is also in storage and I plan to install the bilge float in April, before I launch early May. Did you just pop out the two way swith, at the helm, and pop in a three way switch in the same hole? The three way switch (with light) that I bought looks like it would fit the same hole.

Take care, on and off water
Oakplank

I to plan on installing bilge float this season. But 'm sticking with the 2 way switch. The switch will only operate the pump manually. The float will be wired directly to the battery. . There is no reason to turn off the float. That kind of defeats the purpose.

2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 05 Mar 2016 10:00 #7

• beckman2713
i got it out of storage and I will put it in the garage today for pictures

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 06 Mar 2016 12:49 #8

• madmatt500
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi nice job on the RPM install. I'm picking up my new element in April and I was wondering what parts were needed for the RPM GAUGE and where you purchased them. Good luck on selling her.

Last Edit: by madmatt500. Reason: Typeos

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 06 Mar 2016 15:02 #9

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner

madmatt500 wrote: Hi nice job on the RPM install. I'm picking up my new element in April and I was wondering what parts were needed for the RPM GAUGE and where you purchased them. Good luck on selling her.

I would recommend the Mercury SmartCraft. It's a multi purpose gauge with the RPM, fuel flow, engine hours, oil temperature, engine temperature and more.
A few of us have this gauge and just love it. Google it to see all the features.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 06 Mar 2016 16:58 #10

• madmatt500
Yeah I looked into that on the Mercury website. What did it cost you? Thanks for the reply.

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 07 Mar 2016 00:14 #11

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner

madmatt500 wrote: Yeah I looked into that on the Mercury website. What did it cost you? Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the invoice for the SmartCraft is at my cabin/cottage which I won't have access to until mid to end of April. If my memory serves me right, I believe it was $350 or so Canadian dollars installed.
I already had the depth gage installed at the time I purchased the boat. If you are ordering your boat new, don't purchase the depth gage. The SmartCraft can read the water temperature and depth with an optional cable kit. I little bit more money. But, less than purchasing a separate depth gauge. I also forgot to tell you that the Mercury Smart gauge will also monitor your motor and will sound alarms and indicators will light up for all kinds of issues that might arise, such as low oil or hot engine.
The gauge may not be the best looking gauge. However, it does a lot for the money.
Do your research and if you are handy, it's not that hard to install. I had mine done at my marina. However, other than cutting the hole. It's simply passing the wire from the helm to the engine and snapping into the receiver end already in your motor.
Good luck,
Oakplank
The following user(s) said Thank You: danco_2

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 11 Mar 2016 10:05 #12

• beckman2713

madmatt500 wrote: Hi nice job on the RPM install. I'm picking up my new element in April and I was wondering what parts were needed for the RPM GAUGE and where you purchased them. Good luck on selling her.

I believe it was $45 at west marine and already a connection on the outboard for your wire.

www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...ent-rpm-gauge#502142

Thanks for the wishes...I sold it to the first appointment and its gone, now we move on to our next chapter!

Happy Boating and Good luck with your element! You will love it!

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 11 Mar 2016 10:20 #13

• beckman2713
I wanted to say Thank you to everyone on this site for their warm welcome and priceless insight over the past 3 years I owned my Element. I really felt at home except for the cop bashing by swampmutt, but oh well there's always going to be a rotten apple :sick: or 2 in the bunch.
I sold the element to the first couple who looked at it and I believe they will be very happy with it..
If Bayliner would have come out with the XL right from the start, then I would still be a Bayliner owner.
Time to move on to the next chapter...and it contains a Yamaha 242X E-Series. :woohoo:
Thanks Again for all your help and generosity...God Bless!

Happy Boating!

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 11 Mar 2016 22:30 #14

• madmatt500
Thanks for all the great info. I think I'm going to buy it and install myself. Are there any special connection to make at the engine other than the simple harness.

Regards Matt

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 12 Mar 2016 03:06 #15

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner

madmatt500 wrote: Thanks for all the great info. I think I'm going to buy it and install myself. Are there any special connection to make at the engine other than the simple harness.

Regards Matt

If you are referring to the Mercury Smartcraft gauge, no. You make a hole, insert the gauge, conect one end of the harness to the gauge, run the harness to the stern, conect the harness to the motor. Done. (you will need to set-up the gauge for metric or standard readings).
Having said that; if you want the depth and water temperature to show on the gauge, you will need an additional connector/sensor kit.

2013 16' Element w 60 HP Merc 4-Stroke Bigfoot *For Sale* 12 Mar 2016 05:06 #16

• Greg Tomamichel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 98

beckman2713 wrote: I wanted to say Thank you to everyone on this site for their warm welcome and priceless insight over the past 3 years I owned my Element. I really felt at home except for the cop bashing by swampmutt, but oh well there's always going to be a rotten apple :sick: or 2 in the bunch.
I sold the element to the first couple who looked at it and I believe they will be very happy with it..
If Bayliner would have come out with the XL right from the start, then I would still be a Bayliner owner.
Time to move on to the next chapter...and it contains a Yamaha 242X E-Series. :woohoo:
Thanks Again for all your help and generosity...God Bless!

Happy Boating!

The Yamaha 242x looks a mighty boat. Hope you enjoy it. Just one question - are 2 small motors common for wake boats? I noticed the Yamaha has 2 x 1.8 litre units.

Good luck with your new ride.

2007 Bayliner 175 3.0l Mercruiser
Lake use for water sports
Victoria, Australia
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds