Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1984 Bayliner Explorer 2070 For Sale - Portland, OR

1984 Bayliner Explorer 2070 For Sale - Portland, OR 12 Jan 2016 22:52 #1

• Back2Water
  • Back2Water's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey everyone - the time has come for me to part with my beloved 1984 Explorer (very similar to the trophy). I've been on boats all my life, but this was the first that I owned by myself, so it has a very dear place in my heart.

It has a little over 100 hours (not a typo) on the very reliable AQ125 Volvo engine. It runs flawlessly. These engines are bullet proof little things that seem to last forever when well maintained, which this one has been. I am the third owner. The original owner was in Beaverton and just didn't use the boat. The second owner, Mark was a mechanic who lived over in Bend and used it on the lakes over there. He would use the main power to get out to his fishing spot and then float and use his kicker motor to maneuver around. It had 88 hours when I bought it. I've used it for the past couple of years in the Columbia, Willamette and Puget Sound, but have since upgraded to my current 2002 242.

This boat is almost exclusively a freshwater boat - only been in salt/brackish water a handful of times and always rinsed with fresh water and saltaway. Always stored under cover and mostly indoors. I'm having the upholstery redone right now for the whole boat. It's almost entirely finished, just the last two cushions for the V-berth to be completed. It has an icebox, sink and porta-potty style toilet. The table releases and turns into a bed and there is also a quarter berth under the table and bench seats (see pictures). Has 2 VHF radios and compass. Has a door and latch going into the V-berth. New impeller and oil in both engine and outdrive. Trim tabs. Depth Finder. Dual batteries with Perko switch. It is currently winterized, but I will show it running to serious buyers with cash in hand.

Includes a 1984 Calkins tandem axle trailer. The lights on the trailer just went out on me, so I have some magnetic ones right now to make it legal, but they should be replaced. Trailer has brand new brake pads and bearings with less than 20 miles on them. The boat weighs about 2,800 lbs dry weight, so it tows really nicely behind most tow vehicles. It is truly a great all-weather all-season boat. The Alaskan bulkhead and heater keep you really warm in the winter.

Boat is currently in enclosed storage just south of Portland, Oregon.

$7,500 - willing to do a partial trade for a good condition outboard. Would need an 8-15hp 2stroke or 8-10 hp 4 stroke. There is another for sale up in Olympia right now for $15,000 with more hours. It does have the stove though, which mine does not seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/5391969980.html

Call David 503.799.0756

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

David W. PDX, OR
2002 Bayliner 2452XE Ciera
5.0L Mercruiser (carbed) w/ A1 gen 2 drive
(14.5"x15" 4-blade Solas Aluminum Prop)
1984 2070 Explorer w/ Alaskan Bulkhead (SOLD)
Last Edit: by Back2Water.

1984 Bayliner Explorer 2070 For Sale - Portland, OR 16 Jan 2016 03:20 #2

• doityourselfer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
what they want and what they get are two different things There's some real junk on the craigslist and makes me wonder what they been smoking or sniffing to much acetone.
(project boat no trailer no drivetrain no interior a steal at 3g) yours is pretty nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am a wannabe boat flipper I love feeding the hole in the water with my cash and wit. project now 1984 2450 ciera sunbridge Volvo Penta 5.7/290 drive Need to finish and move on to the next one until i get the boat i want to keep.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds