• Page:

TOPIC: 1984 Contessa readying for sale

1984 Contessa readying for sale 10 Dec 2015 08:37 #1

• tonyiiiafl
  • tonyiiiafl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 42
As it looks like all the details on the Carver 255 are falling into place, I will be placing my 1984 Contessa Sunbridge up for sale this weekend. Right now she is wrapped and tucked in for the winter, but I am sure I have a bunch of photos from our 9 years aboard. SAD day for me, as this was a wonderful boat. However, stepping up almost 10' is also exciting! Here are a couple of preview photos. Asking $11,200.00. yes, it is one of the cleanest Contessa's anywhere and heads turn when we pop into an anchorage or harbor!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tony, Cape Cod, MA
Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
454 Merc Cruisers inboards
"HOLODECK"
2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
www.bourneyachtclub.com

1984 Contessa readying for sale 10 Dec 2015 18:25 #2

• dmcb
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 591
Tony, you are selling one of the best Bayliners made. No other boat this size gives the comfort and room the Contessa has.
Beautiful boat at a good price.
You should have no trouble selling her.
As one who has owned one, you will have moments of regret even though you will love your new one.
Doug
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyiiiafl

Started boating 1955
Number of boats owned 32
Bayliners
3870 presently owned
Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

1984 Contessa readying for sale 11 Dec 2015 23:05 #3

• tonyiiiafl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dmcb wrote: Tony, you are selling one of the best Bayliners made. No other boat this size gives the comfort and room the Contessa has.
Beautiful boat at a good price.
You should have no trouble selling her.
As one who has owned one, you will have moments of regret even though you will love your new one.
Doug

Doug, I am already having second thoughts. The "big boat feel" of the Contessa, while operating on a small amount of fuel has always baffled me. I remember when I got this boat and wondered if I could ever make it "ours". That happened in a very short time, and we have NEVER regretted for a moment the purchase or how much we put into it.

Tony, Cape Cod, MA
"HOLODECK"
www.bourneyachtclub.com

1984 Contessa readying for sale 11 Dec 2015 23:21 #4

• canoel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 669
It is always hard when you move to a new boat. You never think it will like home or "ours".
A couple good nights on the carver or a nice cruise, and it will feel like home. The wife has a few little trinkets and such that she moves from boat to boat that really help.

Joel
1987 3818 Hino 175
"Knotty Girl"
Prince Rupert B.C.

1984 Contessa readying for sale 27 Dec 2015 01:33 #5

• tonyiiiafl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, this was one LONG drawn out affair! However, survey is in, a couple minor items to iron out, but our offer was accepted by the seller, and now moving forward with the sale. We have decided upon a 1994 Carver 39' Cockpit Motor Yacht. We were originally interested in a 1996 Carver Motor Yacht, but the survey revealed a "serious amount of moisture" in the fly bridge deck, necessitating replacement. The cost as $8500.00 and would have been borne by the seller. However, even though only 216 hours on this boat, I was not having a warm and fuzzy feeling about such major structural work. So we stumbled upon this 1994 model WITH a small rea cockpit, and the interior/upper deck we wanted. Although this unit has 950 hours on it, it has been owned by this one man for the past 18 years and also was 100% yard maintained. A photo is attached. So we meet ONE more time this week for finalization of the purchase and sale, then we schedule a transfer date. Pick up in is the Portland, ME area, so we will have an easy(I hope!) cruise back to Cape Cod in May. More very soon. I am still pinching myself to see if I am dreaming that we have moved up 11'!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Tony, Cape Cod, MA
"HOLODECK"
www.bourneyachtclub.com
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds