Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted: Ciera 2355

Wanted: Ciera 2355 09 Sep 2015 17:07 #1

• snickers the dog
  • snickers the dog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am new to this forum and need help locating a Ciera 2355. I am looking for 1994-2000. Main reason for the year range is to stay in my budget. I am located on the West coast but am willing to travel a little for the right boat. Looking for a small block V8, and I am wanting full canvas. Other than that, just a 2355 in nice condition. Appreciate any help and advice. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 09 Sep 2015 18:05 #2

• canoel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 669
Welcome to the forum!!
Find a boat with a good hull that has been well maintained. Things like canvas, electronics etc can always be added.
Make sure you get it surveyed, and a mechanical inspection by a mechanic that knows the particular engine drive package well.
There are these two::: www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/cache/se...oatsAddedSelected=-1

This one spokane.craigslist.org/bod/5195257856.html

seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/5211786838.html

spokane.craigslist.org/boa/5176372352.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: snickers the dog

Joel
1987 3818 Hino 175
"Knotty Girl"
Prince Rupert B.C.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 10 Sep 2015 21:53 #3

• Drifter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I found one in my back yard. :woohoo: Sorry but it's not for sale. You will have a whole bunch of fun with a 2355 and they are easy to trailer with the right pickup. Good luck on the hunt....Mike
PS. What's your location.

Mike &Ulla
2355 Bayliner SJ
Cowichan Bay,B.C
Casara Pilot
Photo Album

Wanted: Ciera 2355 11 Sep 2015 04:55 #4

• snickers the dog
Thanks for the responses. The one in Seattle looks really interesting. I am located just outside of Sacramento , California and I know I may have to drive a bit to get the boat I want. I have narrowed it down to the 2355 because of the layout and it will be easily trailerable. I have just sold my Hunter 260 sailboat, so I expect the weight to be similar for towing, no problem for my 3/4 ton Dodge Diesel. Seems to be a lot of these boats back east, but not so many out here.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 11 Sep 2015 06:26 #5

• doityourselfer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Hi
I have a 2455 Ciera here in Tacoma Washington it a sweet boat been well kept was in a covered marina .I bought it thinking it would be a quick flip because how nice it was just needed a shifting cable and a trailer to get it out of the marina. All worked motor sounded good no smoke or knocks no real rust to speak of on the motor just wouldn't shift the outdrive is a volvo penta 290 single prop with a 350 gm motor .When i got it home i raised the out drive and heard a pop the lift cylinder blew a hole on the side of the lift cylinder. having about 2 g in it the boat the cylinder needed to be replaced but then i find out the easiest way to replace it is to remove the motor so with no other option thats what i have done. trying to find a replacement cylinder is easier said than done but now i have four of them next i have to order a rebuild kit for them. I am upgrading the parts for the motor and out drive had the alternator rebuilt the starter rebuilt and better quality Y tube that has never seen saltwater no corrosion and a better transom shield.now i am in the process of painting the drive parts and then reassemble all the parts back in the boat. Cost a lot more than i first figured but when its finished i will not have to worry about the quality of the boat The boat is a 84 and the motor was a upgrade 87/89 when compression test all 8 cylinders where 10%of 150 closer to 160. it has a canvas top over the coopit and a back curtain You could say its a 30 year tune up. When i finish i want to sell or will sell as is and help finish it. or just take it away

I am a wannabe boat flipper I love feeding the hole in the water with my cash and wit. project now 1984 2450 ciera sunbridge Volvo Penta 5.7/290 drive Need to finish and move on to the next one until i get the boat i want to keep.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 11 Sep 2015 16:00 #6

• snickers the dog
It sounds like you'll have a dependable boat when you're done with everything. I have decided that I prefer the 2355 because of the layout and have focused my search for that boat. I guess that sounds kind of narrow minded but that's the boat I'm after.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 11 Sep 2015 16:59 #7

• doityourselfer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Is that the one with the wrap around sofa in the cockpit and the bed under the back deck? mine is that style. Just to be sure we are talking about the same type of boat.

I am a wannabe boat flipper I love feeding the hole in the water with my cash and wit. project now 1984 2450 ciera sunbridge Volvo Penta 5.7/290 drive Need to finish and move on to the next one until i get the boat i want to keep.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 15 Sep 2015 02:53 #8

• snickers the dog
On the 1997 and newer 2355's, is there storage behind the seat at the transom or is it taken up by the seat when it's folded up?????

Wanted: Ciera 2355 15 Sep 2015 03:31 #9

• Ruffryder
  • Thank you received: 1418
No storage

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
93 3058
92 2855
91 Fourwinns 205
Longbranch WA
Life is Good

Wanted: Ciera 2355 15 Sep 2015 16:23 #10

• snickers the dog
If the bottom part of the seat were removed would there then be access for storage???

Wanted: Ciera 2355 20 Sep 2015 03:17 #11

• snickers the dog
Thanks for the leads and the advice. I found that the boat in Seattle was just what I was looking for so I bought it.

I'll probably be back for advice in the General Topics forum.

Thanks again.

Wanted: Ciera 2355 20 Sep 2015 05:11 #12

• NZ 4588
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 54
Well done Snickers,

I personally think this and the same series 2655 were some of Bayliners best designs. I very nearly bought a 2355 a couple of boats ago. I'd still be keen if we went back to a trailerable boat.
You'll have heaps of fun B)

Ian.

Ian & Emma
MV "LaPaloma"
1990 4588
Hauraki Gulf
Auckland
New Zealand
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds