Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp 2005 The rare electronic injection diesel

My Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp 2005 The rare electronic injection diesel 01 Sep 2016 14:40 #1

• mctaggart
  • mctaggart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic
  • Thank you received: 9
Boat: Bayliner Flybridge 288
Year: 2005
Size: 30ft
Hull: GRP
Engine Mercruiser 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp
Leg: Bravo 3 twin prop 21" pitch
Fuel Tank Size: 370litres (yes its smaller than the petrols) 420 liters, i visually checked the stamp on it!
Minimum Plane speed: With a clean hull she lifts out at approx 14-15 knots
Cruise: 18 knots
Top Speed 29 knots

Well now that i have purchased my 2005 Bayliner 288 here in the UK, with the rare Mercruiser 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp engine. I thought i would do a review and also an extensive write up for information on it with this engine. I had a horrible time finding any decent information when researching the boat prior to purchase, so hope I can help out my fellow man by plugging all the information gaps that I came across.

Basic information such as fuel consumption, fuel tank size, cruising speed, top speed were all like rocking horse poo! Its going to take a while to write this all, but i will include photos and as much spec information as i can :)

My initial purchase of the boat was from a place called Androssan in West Scotland, UK, i had the rather ambitious task of getting her home 370 miles to Swansea in South Wales UK over a planned trip of 3 days.

Lots of pics, video to come :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Bayliner 288 4.2 D-Tronic 250hp 2005 The rare electronic injection diesel 01 Sep 2016 15:23 #2

• fritzman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fritz, Boat- 2859 -1993 name Scotch&Water
  • Thank you received: 184
Welcome to the forum,very interesting, yes give us all the specs, is that a BMW bock?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Old Glue
  • Page:
Moderators: Download_Complete
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds