Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 26 Sep 2007 23:49 #26

• 2651 got fun?
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I love the new Bayliners! and how smart was Bayliner to recruit the expertise of our very own? I say very Z

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 27 Sep 2007 01:51 #27

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
we have the sliding door also leading to the salon....it doesn't mold the steps in..those are molded beside the dash...but this leaves more room for dash and elex....I like it..from the pic strat...it shows the radio down at the knees again....my pet peave....that radio should be up in the dash where you can hear it and gain access to the controls...but that's just me...overall the boat looks great....
Thanks guys for sharing the experiences and posting here for the rest of us to envy..:arr arrrrrrrr

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 27 Sep 2007 19:29 #28

• CaptTom
Thanks for posting, looks great! Some observations:

- Agree that engine access is one of the most important points when buying a boat.

- What's with the tiny, u-shaped dinette? One of the things that I like about my 285 is the large dinette table with room for 4 to sit around it and actually eat a meal. I wouldn't buy a 300 for this reason alone.

- This model has adequate room at the helm station for adding electronics. Some boats, even bigger and more expensive than this, have none!

- The tumblehome (sloped inward) transom seems like it takes a lot of space away from the cockpit. I'd be interested to compare overall "inside" dimensions with, say, my 285. Especially when you snap in the vinyl.

- I like the sliding door, but I share the concerns about the "disappearing" steps.

Finally, my take on the "LOA" debate: LOA stands for Length *overall*. Overall means, well, overall. Everthing. Pulpits, anchors, rails, swim platforms, whatever. This determines what you'll pay for slip rent. More important is the "hull" length. For an honest comparison here, leave out any pulpits or swim platforms, even if they are molded in. Adding on a 3' swim platform does not turn a 27' boat into a 30 footer, imho. I'm not talking about any particular boat here, just how to compare boats in general.

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 27 Sep 2007 21:26 #29

• Capt Bob F
Great review! I hope the molded steps in the door are designed to hold weight! (This is not to imply that the typical boater is a little over weight!:rolleyes: )

I can't wait to see the review of the 340. I've been extremely pleased with Bayliners. I've owned a 3055 since 1999 and have not had anything major repaired. Didn't even use the warranty. It hard to believe the 300 has a softer ride than the 305 as Rick mentioned in his review..

Bob F

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 30 Sep 2007 05:29 #30

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335

Capt Bob F;72808 wrote: Great review! I hope the molded steps in the door are designed to hold weight! (This is not to imply that the typical boater is a little over weight!:rolleyes: )

I can't wait to see the review of the 340. I've been extremely pleased with Bayliners. I've owned a 3055 since 1999 and have not had anything major repaired. Didn't even use the warranty. It hard to believe the 300 has a softer ride than the 305 as Rick mentioned in his review..

Bob F

Believe me it does. If there was any negative it would be the overall smaller size but it rides so well when compared to my 3055. It is a truly great boat IMO. If I ever did decide to "downsize" this would be my first choice by far.

Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 16 Jul 2009 20:42 #31

• waynepj3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1

Mojito;71929 wrote: Mike; according to Bayliner, the 300 is 30'6" LOA, is that a real 30 footer?
The 320 is a 32'6" LOA, and the 340 is 35' LOA, I would like to know the real length not LOA, can you please get that information?

By comparing length, beam and weight, there is also something weird, there is only 400 pounds of difference in between the 340 and the 320, that caught my attention.

I analyze several boats before buying my actual one, and as you bring it to the table with the new 300, I want to share what I found.

Just my 2 cents.

I guess this boat was designed to keep 285 owners from realizing that they should have purcahsed the 305. The 300 seems to take the best from both boats and size wise..is right in the middle.

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 17 Jul 2009 02:20 #32

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534

waynepj3;323074 wrote: I guess this boat was designed to keep 285 owners from realizing that they should have purcahsed the 305. The 300 seems to take the best from both boats and size wise..is right in the middle.

you do realize this thread was from Sep 2007?

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 17 Jul 2009 12:52 #33

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
According to specs the LOA on my 2855 is just over 29' rigged. That means the 300 is a whopping 1 foot longer.
The with on the 2855 is 9 feet 10". That means the 300 is 2 inches wider.
This is considered a step up???? Not to me. If was was going to go bigger and get into twin screw, I'd bite the bullet and get into something in the neighborhood of 34' preferably with v drives.

Ralph
Ciera 2855

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 18 Dec 2009 20:59 #34

• solentguy

CaptTom;72771 wrote: - What's with the tiny, u-shaped dinette? One of the things that I like about my 285 is the large dinette table with room for 4 to sit around it and actually eat a meal. I wouldn't buy a 300 for this reason alone.

You can add my vote to that!

I've been waiting to upgrade my 285 to something with two engines for a long time, but I cannot find anything Bayliner with the same style of dinette where a family can sit down in a proper way to have a meal.

NEW BOAT REVIEW: 2008 Bayliner 300 20 Oct 2015 01:09 #35

• bucluv
  • Thank you received: 3
very nice review..what is the beam on this boat ?..i see it for sale & they say 11ft beam but the engines look alot closer than that on the 3055/305

• Page:
Moderators: Download_Complete
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds