• Page:

TOPIC: Roasted Garlic

Roasted Garlic 11 Aug 2008 22:04 #1

• Mocoondo
  • Mocoondo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
For perfect on-board roasted garlic hors d' oeuver, you will need an el cheapo disposible aluminum muffin-baking tray (one of the smaller ones that does 6 muffins), some fresh bulbs of garlic, some olive oil and a loaf of your favorite italian bread.

With a knife, cut the top stem portion off the garlic bulbs and place each bulb in the muffin tin. Pour olive oil over the bulb until the tin is about half full. Place the muffin tray on a hot grill and allow the olive oil to simmer for about 30 minutes.

Slice your italian loaf up and baste both sides lightly with olive oil. Put the bread on the grill until light golden brown.

When the bulbs of garlic start to turn a light golden brown, remove them from the grill. Use a butter knife to get the fresh roasted garlic out of the bulbs, and spread on your toasted bread.

Serve with greek olives, pepperocinis, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and your favorite wine.

Enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mocoondo
2002 Bayliner 195 Capri "Sport"
Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
MMSI: 338091755

Roasted Garlic 12 Aug 2008 00:12 #2

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I love roasted garlic! What a great idea for the dock or on the hook. Thanks for the fantastic idea.
Robyn

Roasted Garlic 18 Aug 2008 17:43 #3

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mocoondo,
just wanted to let you know I tried your great recipe this weekend with all the suggested trimmings. egads, we caused a traffic jam in the middle of the dock, people from both sides materialized (roasted garlic aroma drew them in) and sat and socialized. What a great "people gatherer"!. :)

Roasted Garlic 18 Aug 2008 18:23 #4

• Nehalennia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That sounds really good. My Admiral loves Garlic too and she'll definitely like it.

Time to give it a try.

Skål,
Todd
~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

MMSI: 338080206

Roasted Garlic 18 Aug 2008 19:05 #5

• Mocoondo
  • Mocoondo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Robyn ...

So glad to hear you enjoyed the idea! I forgot to mention the added bonus of garlic aroma that can be smelled from at least 4 slips in either direction. :)

Before I downsized (or should I say returned to trailer boating), all of our dock neighbors spent every weekend trying to outdo one another with their culinary skills. We had some incredible meals, let me tell you.

This year, we have been experimenting with a small charcoal grill on the swim platform of the bowrider. I actually bought the grill a couple years ago for my now sold Chris Craft. So far, it has been a huge success. This last weekend, we did a rosemary chicken recipe while on the hook watching the Chicago Air & Water Show on Lake Michigan. We're leaning toward pizza this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes.

Mocoondo
2002 Bayliner 195 Capri "Sport"
Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
MMSI: 338091755
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds