• Page:

TOPIC: Blueberry Lemon Muffin baking on board 3988

Blueberry Lemon Muffin baking on board 3988 02 Aug 2012 18:44 #1

• Michellekw
  • Michellekw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
I made these this morning. I think the recipe is from the Best Of Bridge series. Very tasty!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Blueberry Lemon Muffins2 Cups Flour½ Cup Sugar1 TBSP Baking Powder½ Tsp. SaltRind of 1 Lemon1 Egg1 Cup Milk½ Cup butter, melted1 Cup Fresh or Frozen BlueberriesLemon Butter Topping (Can skip the topping as they are good without)¼ Cup melted butter2 TBSP. Lemon Juice½ Cup SugarTo Make Muffins: Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind in large bowl. Beat egg in medium bowl; add milk and butter. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed (batter will be lumpy). Stir in blueberries. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full; bake at 375 F (190 C) for 20 minutes. When on board I usually use paper muffin cup liners so I don't need to grease pans and I fill them full).Watch with the 3988's oven as it has the metal piece that protects the lightbulb and if you aren't careful, anything in the left hand rear cup that rises, will rise right up into the protector and will put a dent in the muffin top. Doesn't really matter, but just adjust as needed if you don't want that to happen. :)To Make Topping: Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Measure sugar in separate dish. Dunk tops of slightly cooled muffins into lemon butter and then sugar. Makes 16 medium muffins or 12 large if filling cups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1991 57 Widebody Tollycraft "Solana"
Formerly:
Ladysmith, BC
Michelle

Blueberry Lemon Muffin baking on board 3988 12 Sep 2012 08:46 #2

• Peter W
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Michelle, its been some time since you posted a recipe, you started on a good run, I would appreciate more, and I believe other would as well :)

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michellekw

Peter W
"Sajesar" MY 3988
RQYS - Marina, Manly
Brisbane, Australia

Blueberry Lemon Muffin baking on board 3988 10 Aug 2014 22:14 #3

• Michellekw
  • Michellekw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
@Peter: It's been so long since I visited this board. I didn't think anyone was interested in my recipes! Thank you so much. We bought a convection oven and installed it where the microwave used to be. Baking is so much easier now. I also use my hand mixer and no longer bake using the blender the way I did back then! I still mostly bake apple and berry pies, baking powder biscuits, muffins and chocolate chip cookies on board. My husband does all of the cooking otherwise, so I am lucky! Baking is a lot of fun as I find there is time on board that you don't always have at home.

1991 57 Widebody Tollycraft "Solana"
Formerly:
Ladysmith, BC
Michelle
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds