Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sea Scouts do dinner cruise

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 04 May 2008 03:18 #1

• zackc
  • zackc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Tonight the Myrtle Beach Sea Scout Ship 850 of which I am an adult advisor started there fundraising campaign. We served dinner on board my 3880 "Zack 'C' ". The menu read like this. We started off with a bowl of Shrimp Bisque, followed with a main course consisting of pan seared tilapia seasoned with a little dill, essence and butter. This was topped with mixture of sautéed crab meat and Berne sauce. Along with this we served southwestern ranch pasta and broccoli, carrots and cauliflower with cheese sauce. For dessert we made donut holes stuffed with lemon and butter cream and then glazed. It must have been good because all of the food got gone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 04 May 2008 22:00 #2

• zackc
Well today we did a lunch cruise with the Myrtle Beach Sea Scouts. It went over even better than the dinner cruise last night. We used the same menu as last night’s dinner. But instead of fish we served Chicken Marcela. All food was prepared on board in the galley by me and a Sea Scout. Another Sea Scout helped with the serving. The Chicken Marcela cooked up very nicely in our galley. Again we used cast iron to cook in. We heated the oil and butter. We dredged the chicken through a mixture of flower, salt, pepper and oregano. Cooked for 2 minutes on one side and turned over. A cup of sliced mushrooms added. After another 2 minutes we added 1/2 cup Marcela wine. Put a lid on it and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Next we removed the chicken and set aside. To the mixture left in the cast iron skillet we added a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Mixing all of this together and heating it for 2 to 3 minutes it was spooned over the chicken and topped with some chopped parsley. It must have tasted good because all bowls and plates came back to the galley empty. The chicken used was the skinless boneless chicken breast you find in the frozen food dept.

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 05 May 2008 00:29 #3

• MikeMag
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice! You can never go wrong with a good ol heavy cast iron pan for searing, deglazing, frying etc! Seeme like it is even more important to have that heat holding capacity when using marine stoves, eh?

'00 Maxum 2800 SCR 7.4 BIII

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 05 May 2008 04:42 #4

• zackc
Yes .......I believe in my cast iron cookware. I don't care for the electric stove that is on my 3870, so I got a three burner Colman propane stove. It has two regular burners and one hi-temp burner and it fits right on top of the electric stove.

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 06 May 2008 01:43 #5

• pmcrosby
  • Thank you received: 0
Sounds like a great weekend - sorry I was mowing the lawn :)

Hope it keeps working out!

We'll be back next weekend...watch out...I'm finally rebuilding the pump!

Paul

Paul and Fran Crosby
'Fran C'
Barefoot Marina, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Sea Scouts do dinner cruise 06 May 2008 02:50 #6

• zackc
Paul...........I sure am glad you are going to fix that pump. I know Fran will be very happy to have it repaired. You really missed it this weekend, I was in dress whites. Man it has been a long time since I wore dress whites. At least I got a promotion out of this from E6 to a Full Bird Commander. See you this weekend.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds